Wednesday 24 July 2013

like mother, like daughter?





Question. Do you and your mum share the same style?

 [apologies guys, this post looks like it is one for the girls]

I know a mother and daughter who have amazing dress sense. I always look forward to seeing what they wear each week at church, and they are an inspiration to dress stylishly-like post-it notes on legs reminding me that being well presented isn't just for my own benefit, it makes everyone happy...

Whilst their style is not dissimilar and does overlap-I bet they pinch each others clothes now and then- they do have their own personal tastes too. The mother always looks amazing and polished in a shift dress whilst the daughter [who is in her early 20s] tends towards a more casual but still elegant look with skinny jeans or a denim mini. 

So when it came to jewellery I was intrigued to find that whilst mother commissioned me to make her a string of pearl globe beads separated by white organza ribbon, her daughter opted for the same pearly goodness in the form of a simple, more casual pendant-a single pearl globe suspended on a long brass chain.  The pieces have a very different feel to them-one haute couture, the other high fashion, even though they have the same roots. 

Perhaps style, then, is hereditary. We are, after all, cut from the same cloth! Which means I can look forward to being attired in cashmere, khaki and statement necklaces. And that is fine with me...

I've created an option to commission these pieces in my etsy shop-
just click on this link to go there







No comments:

Post a Comment