Wednesday 12 June 2013

Love is blind - my latest eco-packaging




I just wanted to show off my latest eco - packaging! 
I boxed up the antique wooden cherub I was sending to Switzerland, padding it soundly with pages ripped from an Edwardian book. 

So far, so Ruth. Then the fun really began. 
I'd found a discarded brown paper blind outside an office in York.  It made really fun vintage looking packaging, which I sealed with gummed paper tape usually used for sealing picture frames. I've stamped this tape with my shop name to make it look more professional.  I wonder if my Swiss customer will guess the origin of the wrapping paper? The biggest giveaways are the stripy lines and the punched holes through which a string was threaded to operate the blind. Oh, and maybe this blog post. 

Just goes to show the sky is the limit. 
I'd love to know what you use and if you have any ideas of what else I could be looking out for!

No comments:

Post a Comment